Sumter County Detention Center's Visitation Hours are:
Tuesdays 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Female inmates may be visited from 11 am to 12 a.m.
- Male inmates may be visited from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Persons under the age of sixteen are not allowed to visit unless accompany by an adult. Photo ID maybe required.
- All visitors must also be properly dressed.
- All visitors must sign the visitation log.
- Only three visitor allowed per inmate at any time for a maximum of 20 minutes
- Visitors may not give anything directly to any inmate.
- Larges purses, coats, briefcases are not allowed
- Security staff will ensure that contraband is not passed
All inmates have access to the U.S. Postal Service; however, staff checks all incoming
mail before being delivered to the appropriate person. Incomingg mail is checked for content;
any unauthorized items considered to be contraband.
Prohibited items received through the mail are returned to the sender at the sender’s expense,
or discarded. Any items that violate federal, state, or local statues or pose any threat to the
safety, security, or orderly running of the facility are prohibited and subject to criminal prosecution.
Incoming mail must contain the inmate's full name and should be addressed to:
Sumter County Sheriff Office
P.O. Box 773
Livingston, AL 35470